A Message from the Executive Director
Welcome to the Chris and Carol McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship, dedicated to building innovative capacity in individuals, firms, and society through world-class teaching and research.
Renowned for their rigor and relevance, our Entrepreneurship programs engage talented, focused students in mastering all aspects of developing ideas into viable enterprises that meet needs and solve problems. Through a combination of direct expert teaching, intense practical work, and close guidance from experienced mentor-entrepreneurs, our students leave the McGuire Center equipped with the spirit, mindset, and process skills necessary to excel as innovators and entrepreneurs in whatever path their imagination takes them.
Complementing our educational programs is a rich research program aimed at developing and diffusing in-depth understanding of the nature and complexity of innovation and entrepreneurship as an essentially creative and collaborative human endeavor that transforms and benefits society. In addition to our own research, we support competitive research grants, research colloquiums and workshops, and visiting scholars.
We invite you to get to know our people and programs by browsing our website—or joining us. We welcome relationships with scholars from diverse disciplines, and seek exceptional and highly motivated students at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level from all fields of study, who share our enthusiasm and interest in creating a better world through innovation.
-Robert F. Lusch, Ph.D.
There is something for everyone at the McGuire Center. What's your McGuire Experience?
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship is committed to enabling and advancing entrepreneurial goals of all university populations, and to advancing the understanding of the influence and role of entrepreneurship in both business and academic communities.
The McGuire Entrepreneurship Program is a globally recognized program in entrepreneurship open to UA undergraduate and graduate students from any field of study. Our rigorous approach has one of the best track records in the country for creating investor-ready, award-winning ventures.
Additionally, all undergraduate business students complete the Entrepreneurship Initiative as part of their Eller experience.
The McGuire Center is raising the bar on entrepreneurship research with a robust agenda directed at increasing academic understanding of the field and building crossroads among faculty across departments and colleges at The University of Arizona.
Pioneering Innovation Education
Established in 1984 as one of the first university-based centers for entrepreneurship, McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship is among only a handful of programs in the nation that maintains top-tier rankings in both undergraduate and graduate rankings in all major surveys for the last decade.
- Ranked No. 2 among public undergraduate programs (No. 6 overall) and No. 5 among public graduate programs (No. 11 overall) in entrepreneurship education by U.S. News & World Report (2013)
- Ranked No. 8 among public undergraduate programs (No. 17 overall) and No. 6 among public graduate programs (No. 14 overall) nationally, according to Entrepreneur/Princeton Review (2013)
- Received award for Outstanding Contributions to Advance the Discipline of Entrepreneurship at Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers Conference (2012)
- USA Today and the Princeton Review called the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship the "crown jewel" of the UA, explaining that students "can learn how to be a swashbuckling business maven here, and people (including undergraduate students) at UA have come up with and implemented ideas and inventions that will blow your mind." (2010)
- Received NASDAQ Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence Award (2001 and 2008)
For additional information, contact us.