There is something for everyone at the McGuire Center. What's your McGuire Experience?
At the University of Arizona, students from across campus can engage in entrepreneurship education through the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship.
The McGuire Entrepreneurship Program is a national leader and globally recognized program in entrepreneurship open to students from any field of study. Our rigorous approach has one of the best track records in the country for creating investor-ready, award-winning ventures.
Entrepreneurship education isn't limited to those in the McGuire Program. All UA undergraduate business students complete the Entrepreneurship Initiative as part of their Eller experience.
All UA students, regardless of field or year of study, can choose from a wide variety of entrepreneurship electives.
What are you passionate about - founding start-ups, innovating from within, developing nonprofits? No matter your field of study or career goal, entrepreneurship education will prepare you to apply principles of innovation in any setting and to act when inspiration, opportunity or need strikes.
If you're unsure which McGuire experience is right for you, learn more about entrepreneurship education opportunities for undergraduate students and graduate students or talk with one of our advisors.
Pioneering Innovation Education
The McGuire Center’s award-winning entrepreneurship curriculum has been internationally recognized for innovation and excellence for decades. Established in 1984 as one of the first university-based centers for entrepreneurship, the McGuire is among only a handful of programs in the U.S. that maintains top-tier rankings in both undergraduate and graduate rankings in all major surveys for the last decade.
- Ranked #2 among public undergraduate programs (#7 overall) and #4 among public graduate programs (#9 overall) nationally, according to Entrepreneur/Princeton Review (2012)
- Ranked #2 among public school programs (#6 overall) in entrepreneurship education by U.S. News & World Report (2012)
- Received award for Outstanding Contributions to Advance the Discipline of Entrepreneurship at Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers Conference (2012)
- USA Today and the Princeton Review called the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship the "crown jewel" of the UA, explaining that students "can learn how to be a swashbuckling business maven here, and people (including undergraduate students) at UA have come up with and implemented ideas and inventions that will blow your mind." (2010)
- Received NASDAQ Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence Award (2001 and 2008)
For additional information, please contact us.